Gourds and pumpkins are great for fall decorating. Learn how to create your own displays using gourds and pumpkins with items you already have. Great vases and baskets can be picked up at your local flea market for very little.
Place Gourds in a Vase - It's pretty easy to get this sophisticated look. It just takes a little time to find the best way to arrange them. You can either go with lots of contrasting colors or use a single hue. Place them gently into the vase, being certain to face them in the direction you want them. The smaller the gourds, the easier they'll be to assemble into a pleasing display.
Place Gourds in a Dark Box - Believe it or not these gourds are actually in a black plastic crate on the ground in the flower district. I took this picture from above. The darkness puts the spotlight on the gourds don't you think? You can get a simlar look by placing them in a dark and shallow basket or bowl.
Place your gourds and pumpkins into a basket - Again arrange them casually until they look the way you want them. Experiment with various sizes and shapes.
Here are 5 tips for displaying pumpkins and gourds:
1. I used fresh gourds and pumpkins, which are pretty cheap, but you can use artificial too if you want.
2. The larger the pumpkins and gourds, the harder they'' be able to arrange.
3. You can mix in fruits or veggies, but they will probably may begin to spoil unless they're in a cool area.
4. Make sure the pumpkins and gourds are in perfect condition. They're the same price as the jacked up ones. LOL! They look much better and will last longer if the stems are in place.
5. I bought mine from a local farmer's market here in downtown Yonkers, NY for 2 for $1.00. Some places will sell just one for over $2.00. So you may want to shop around for a better deal.
I didn't have time today to download all of my pictures from my camera, so I may be posting more pictures at a later date.
If you enjoyed my humble pictures, please feel free to pin them on Pinterest.
All the best,