When I think about Valentine's Day two things come to mind immediately. Flowers and hearts. So I thought I'd share some images I've seen around the web of hearts made of flowers. Please feel free to pin your favorites.
Feeling inspired to make a floral wreath of your own for Valentine's Day? Stay tuned for a link to 25 tutorials at the end of this post.
14 Valentine's Day Flower Hearts
1. Leave it to Ovando to create an upside down heart in their striking flower arrangement. The heart is made from steel grass. See Sandra de Ovando's tutorial here.
2. Roses of all sizes and shades of pink are used to create this beauty.
3. The extraordinary heart of red rose petals above is quite stunning in design. It looks like a glamelia, which is a bouquet made of lots of flower petals made to look like one big flower. See examples of glamelias here.
4. Love this heart, because it highlights the traditionally un-Valentine's Day color orange along with red.
5. The heads of red spray roses were placed in a heart shaped pan or cookie cutter to create this lovely design. This heart would be easy to make. Tres sweet!
6. Here's a multi-colored heart of roses from Martha Stewart. You can get more Valentine's Day flower ideas here.
7. A truly romantic heart of roses, spray roses and mixed foliage. Perfect for a wedding.
8. A heart of magnificent pink roses suspended in glass. It's both modern and tradtional. Quite a show-stopper!
9. The anthurium is naturally shaped like a heart. It never ocurred to me to use it as one in a floral arangement for Valentine's Day. Hmmm...
10. A heart comprised of flowers in the shape of a heart. How clever?
11. Hang a pink rose wreath from on a branch. Would be lovely for an outdoor wedding I think.
12. Love this floral heart created by Atelierflora, a floral company in Norway. You can see more of their creative bouquets here.
13. A pine cone wreath. I still have a beautiful garland hanging in front of our shop from the holidays. It's made of balsam, magnolia leaves, pine cones and red berries. I was actually thinking of leaving it up for Valentine's Day and paintng the pine cones pink to match my upcoming Valentine's Day window display. Perhaps I'm going too far.
14. A heart of branches embellished with small pink flowers. Delicate and feminine.
So it's your turn. If you'd like to see even more floral wreaths or want to make one, check out the link below.
25 DIY Links