This beautiful brooch bouquet nearly doubled the traffic to our blog in one day. Actually,it happened the first day I ever used it.
I confess. I love Pinterest. I am addicted to Pinterest. But perhaps you're not interested in it.You've got better ways to spend your time. If so,this post is just for you!
5 Good Reasons Not to Use Pinterest
1) You don't need any more fun in your life. Your life is perfect just the way it is. You've got the life/work balance thing down to a science. But I have to tell you. Pinterest is big fun. Period.
2) You don't need another creative idea. "I love Pinterest, because it's like getting a whole lot of magazines without adding clutter in my house and without the cost." said Amy Larson in the Chicago Tribune article entitled, "9 Tips: Boost Your Business With Pinterest."
People are so creative.You'll find stuff on Pinterest you'd never find on your own. How do you find ideas you didn't even know existed? Pinterest! It's all kinds of people sharing all kinds of ideas from all sorts of places. And they're all visual.
3) You have more than enough traffic on your blog and website. If this is not important to you then feel free to skip this one. But if you're interested in getting more visitors to your blog, read this Problogger post on Pinterest: "How I Overlooked 1000 Visitor A Day Traffic (And What I Did To Grow It To 3000 Visits A Day)"
Now, I can't promise that all those visitors will actually read your blog. But they're demonstrating interest in your topic. If you have great content some will subscribe to your blog.
4) You don't like messing with technical stuff that's free. Pinterest is so easy even I can do it. Trust me. If I can navigate it so can you. Did I mention it was free?
5) You don't want to be part of a creative community. You'd rather go it alone stumbling around wishing there was someone in the world who shared your interest in paper cones. On Pinterest there is. And they're beautiful!
So if you're still not convinced. Just try it out by:
a) going to Pinterest and putting a topic in the search box on the upper left.You don't have to have an account to do this. But once you start clicking on those images I believe you'll be swept away
b) checking out my Pinterest boards here and following me.
But if you feel like you're ready to take the Pinterest Plunge. Jump right in.You'll need an invitation though. Just don't forget to come up for air.
What's your best Pinterest tip?
Image: Brooch Bouquet