Look at any designer room online or in a magazine or book. What do the pictures have in common? Flowers!
But not just any flowers. Simple flowers.
The flowers are rarely in fancy flower arrangements put together by floral designers. Well okay, maybe they are. But they're simple flower arrangements you can make yourself.
Here's How To Get The Look:
1) Buy one type of flower in only one color. A bunch of green spider mums. Three stems of orange lilies. A handful of white carnations. Get the idea? The attention goes to the flowers. The texture, color and shape of this simple flower arrangement stands out.
2) Buy one kind of flower in different colors. Three colors works well, but buy as many colors as you like. Just stick to one type of flower.
3) Place your flowers in a simple yet interesting vase. It doesn't have to be expensive. You can get three of the same vases and line them up in a row. Or use a jar if you like.
4) Cut the flowers to the right length. Depending on the flower, I like to cut them so that the blooms sit just above the neck of the vase. Why?
- Shorter flowers generally last longer, because the water doesn't have to travel up a long stem.
- Flowers cut short make the arrangement look more lush.
How does having a simple flower arrangement around make you feel?