You've seen these decorative birdcages everywhere. If you're like me, you probably own a few. But once you buy them, what are you supposed to do with them?
Here are 5 tips for displaying those decorative birdcages:
1) Hang them from a tree like a chandelier. Hang many of them. They can transform a hum drum tree into a work of art in seconds.
Well probably not seconds. There is the attaching of the wire or cord to the birdcages so they hang straight, getting of the ladder, and getting someone to climb the ladder or at least hold it...
2) Fill it with flowers and use it as a centerpiece for a special event or wedding. Use a great contrasting color for the flowers so they don't blend in with the birdcage.
3) Get one or two exquisite blooms and place them in a simple vase or jar in your home. Large headed roses, peonies, chrysanthemums or a small bouquet of your favorite flowers would add a nice touch to any room.
4) Place a wide-mouthed vase of water in the birdcage and just stick flowers into it. After you place each flower step back and see where the next flower should go. That way you won't end up with a giant blob sticking out of a cage.
5) If the cage is MADE OF METAL you can put lighted candles in it. Do not try this if the birdcage is made of wood. It might look nice, but not for long. Battery-operated candles would work well in any type of birdcage.
What ideas do you have for decorating these birdcages?