"What I find interesting is that by starting the day in a more positive mood, you are likely to transfer those happier feelings to others... And the kitchen is the place where families tend to gather in the morning - imagine how big a difference a better morning mood can make," Nancy Etcoff, Phd.
A Harvard study called, "Flowers and Morning Moods" confirmed that people who looked at flowers early in the morning felt happier and more energetic.
- Put fresh flowers in the kitchen where they can be seen by everyone in the family.
- Place a single flower or small bunch in bedrooms and bathrooms or wherever people will see them first thing in the morning.
- Don't get fancy. No professionally arranged flowers are needed.
- Just put a flower or a few flowers in a small glass or vase and call it a day.
- Use a favorite flower or color to make it extra special.
I love seeing flowers in the morning! When I walk into our flower shop I am transformed by the presence of flowers. But luckily you don't need quite as many flowers as we have.
How do you respond to seeing flowers first thing in the morning?