Poinsettias! They're not just red anymore!
Image: Southern Hospitality
You can find poinsettias in almost any color. You can even buy one to match your couch. Those poinsettias have either been tinted or painted. You can see some here.
Most of us just take the traditional red poinsettia and plop it down on the nearest table. That's okay, but you may want to consider a few of these ideas:
1) Super-size your poinsettias. Get really big ones that will make a statement in your space. Imagine how the room above would look if they had two dinky little poinsettias on the floor.
Image: via Boutique Paoeny
2) Consider a color other than the standard red. And place a bunch of them in one spot. This is where you use the smaller poinsettias.
3) Cut a few stems and place them in small vases. Place them on a cake stand or two to give them height. You can also place them on a tray or in a row down the center of a table.
Image: Southern Living
4) Place potted poinsettias in a basket or large bowl with other potted plants. You can even add cut flowers in a vase tucked down inside or in water tubes.
5) Put your potted poinsettias down into decorative pots and set it on a mantel or table. Add a few accessories in complementary colors to create a vignette.
So those are my ideas about how to display poinsettias. What are yours?
What do you think of tinted, painted and glittered poinsettias?