So you're convinced you're not good at arranging flowers? Have I got a simple yet elegant floral centerpiece for you!
It's a little tricky, so pay close attention. Place a bunch of tulips in a beautiful bowl of water. Period. That's it.
Not just any bowl though. You have to use one that's a bit fancy or at least interesting. But it doesn't have to be expensive.
The beauty of this centerpiece? It's not the only thing going on. So the table is immediately more interesting.
Here's how to get the look:
- Table Runner: Use a table runner, piece of beautiful fabric or scarf down the center of the table. To bring in a bit of color.
- Get an Interesting Bowl: If you're using multiple tables, remember the bowls don't have to match. Use the same color though. It will make your event look more pulled together.
- Get Tulips: Or another flower with smooth stems like alstroemeria or calla lily. You could use roses for this. But it will require a little more skill.
- Fill the Bowl with Cool Water: Cut the flower stems and balance them in the water as in the picture. If you don't know how to care for fresh flowers read this post 10 Secrets for Keeping Fresh Flowers Alive Longer.
- Use Interesting Objects: If you happen to have a group of matching candleholders fine. But if not, use a collection of items you may have around the house. If you don't have a collection get some objects of interesting shapes and spray paint them all the same color. This goes for cheap objects only though. Don't go spray painting your expensive crystal vase.
- Fancy Up Your Napkins: Tie ribbon, cord, thick yarn or whatever you have to make plain napkins look special.
Try this floral centerpiece the next time you entertain. Send me a picture. I'd love to see it.