1. Buy Cool Flowers - Buy flowers from a florist or store where the flowers are either kept in an air conditioned place or in a cooler.
2. Take Flowers Right Home - Bring flowers indoors immediately and place in water as quickly as possible.
3. Use Cool Water - Fill vase with cool water, cut flower stems on an angle and place in water asap in a cool room.
4. Fresh Water Daily - Change the water everyday and re cut the flower stems.
5. Ask Florist About Summer Flowers - Ask your florist which flowers tend to hold up well in the summer. Carnations, which usually last long during the year don't last as long in the summer. While hydrangeas and lilys from Holland hold up very well with proper care.
6. Potted Summer Flowers - Consider buying potted flowers that can grow indoors.
So don't take a break from flowers just because it's summer. Just give them a bit more TLC.
Which flowers do you like to have around in the summer?